IDFB Session 8
- 14.00 – 14.05 Welcome to new members and introduction of the session.
- 14.05 – 14.15 Reflection on IDFB 7 in Geneva, the IDFB storyline and the importance of alignment.
- 14.15 – 14.25 Rens van Tilburg (Sustainable Finance Lab) will present the report ‘From Paris to Kunming: Enabling a carbon net zero and nature-positive financial sector’ .This report discusses what the financial sector can do, as well as how governments can act to enable the financial sector to fully play its role in achieving both the climate and biodiversity target.
- 14.25 – 14.35 Presentations and lessons learned from practices and policies on mainstreaming biodiversity in finance: Mexico (Mr. Alonso Martínez Caballero) and Belize (Mrs Hannah St Luce-Martinez) followed by discussion.
- 14.35 – 14.50 The role of National Biodiversity Finance Plans (NBFP) to mainstreaming biodiversity and the alignment of financial flows from all sources to global biodiversity goals.
- 14.50 – 15.20 Q&A.
- 15.20 – 15.30 Conclusion and next steps.